Friday, August 8, 2014

Names- a brief overview

  One of the most interesting things about the job of parasol painting comes when it's time to put the names on them. This is the last thing we do, and the hardest part of the job for me. 
 
 I am left- handed (which will need it's own entry someday) and I put the umbrella at my angle to write and just write it in cursive, with a very few embellishments.
 
  Names fall into a few categories.
1. traditional family names
2. traditional names with a twist
3. names that make me think their parents are old flower children
4. names I can't pronounce.
5. trendy names.
 
There are names in each category that make me want to say, "poor kid".
some examples in each category:
 
1. Eleanor, Emily, Lily,Corra,
Evelyn, Rebecca, Elizabeth and Emma
 
2. Emilee, Emaleigh, Emilea,Lilly, Lilie,Ashleigh, Mirandah , Jorja , Abegaylle
and anything with Lynn added to it.
 
3. Eden, Karma, Serenity, Midnight, Genesis, Electra, Journey, Lorelei, Verity,
Stormie, Destiney, Fantasy, Cougar, Sparrow  and Hendrix.
 
4. Haarika, Kajah, Evhya,Cabela, Arya, XoXo, and  Xochitl (I mean, really, how do you say that?)
 
5. Nevaeh ( heaven backwards) , Kennedy, place names like Jersey, Georgia, Cheyenne, Dakota, Ella (and none of them have seen the movie?) , and to my ever-loving shame, Delaney is  making a strong showing in the trendy name category. My only defense is... my husband picked it 18 years ago. She's ahead of the trend.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment