Thursday, August 7, 2014

Special requests

  Occasionally,  I get to do some special requests and, along the way, I get to hear some interesting stories.
  So, the other day, a little girl loved my puppy parasol and so her family bought it.
 
Then her brother wanted one too - of HIS dog. It had to be just like his dog too. So, Dad found a picture of him on his phone and I proceeded to sketch out the dog on paper. The little boy was quite involved in the process and didn't hesitate to correct my drawing until it was acceptable.
While I was drawing, I got to hear about how they got the little girl's dog. Apparently, it was a recent acquisition, I mean they just got it on this vacation trip. Where did they get it? Well, they "found" it on the side of the road in Arkansas and decided to take it because it was dirty and had a lot of fleas.  In fact, they stopped at a gas station and washed it before they travelled very far in their car with it.
 I don't know about you, but at this point, I'm listening in horror that they just took someone's dog. Dogs in the country are still allowed to roam, rarely have collars and, as such, rarely are flea-free. Most people from more urban settings are so used to all the rules and restrictions (as well as health issues) for proper dog ownership in a people populated location, that they can't imagine a dog being able to just have daily adventures at will and come home for supper.
  I hope there's not a little girl in Arkansas that is missing her dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment